As an outdoor centre based within the rich woodland of the New Forest National Park, we are deeply committed to sustainability and believe it is our duty to reduce our environmental impact any way we can.
- We have kept our buildings appearance in keeping with their original use whilst improving heat retention and maintainability.
- We use wood that has felled naturally within the estate for maintenance materials and to create woodstacks as wildlife habitat.
- We like to use local suppliers for both produce and labour and where possible we like them to carry the 'Green Leaf' logo or similar, showing their commitment to sustainability.
- All new purchases of equipment, lighting, materials and resources are made taking location, carbon footprint, packaging, energy rating, quality and value into consideration before a purchasing decision is made.
- We use rechargeable equipment and ensure it is turned off rather than on standby when not in use.